Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Real Estate and Property Law Forum > Real Estate and Property Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
Unhappy Can I change the locks on my house?

My ex-fiance and I own a house together in Indiana. We split up 6 months ago and he moved out, although he still has stuff here in the house. I live here with my daughter and our house is for sale. My ex pays half the mortgage and half the utilities. Is it legal for me to change the locks so he can't enter the premises without me being here? I'm happy to allow him to come get something when I'm here but I don't want him in the house when I'm not here. What are my options? Please tell me I have options!

Thank you!

Last edited by penguinhead; 03-29-2008 at 09:25 PM.
penguinhead is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.