Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Real Estate and Property Law Forum > Real Estate and Property Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Tenants in common

there is a property where there are 3 owners, 1 owner owns 60% and teh other two each own 20% through tennancy in common. We would like to disolve the tennancy in common however the other two owners will not sell their shares and they will not offer me 60% of the value of the property so it looks like it will have to go to partiition. Since i own 60% of the property does that help me at all in this case? i also have paid all the taxes on the property for the past 30 years and the other two owners have not paid so can i go back on them for what they owed on taxes and they have not maintained any of the property over the past 30 years so will that be to my favor?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

You may be entitled to some reimbursement if your paying the taxes and handling the maintenance, but if the other parties don't want to sell their piece of the property it is difficult to obtain a partition.

Here is an article explaining tenancy in common and how to dissolve it. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...in-common.html

You may also want to share your share of the property to the other Co-tenants or at least offer to do so prior to seeking a partition.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!