Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Real Estate and Property Law Forum > Landlord-Tenant Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Landlord girlfriend

We were paying as much as we could till june 1st were we would have had to only pay $600 back owed.They were excepting partial payments from us knowing the problems we had ran across and said they understood.when we tryed to give them another $500 they refused our money and had sent family members to harrass us.when we moved in they had to break into the front door cause last tenant didnt leave them the keys they needed to open all locks.So i have been sleeping on the couch waiting for them to fix the door cause anyone could walk right in.Also they said they would fix the mold problem in the room attatched to the house .They kept saying that the landlords brother lived accross the street and would come fix it .Guess what not fixed also theres termites galor in house and house isnt up to code.When they refused to fix I decided to call code Enforcement they found several problems in the home.I live in an unsafe home with my wife and 3 kids 8months,2yrs and 9 yrs old.We filed a writ of stay stating that the girlfriend has no rights to the home and is not an attorney.We had legal aid screw us over and they told my wife we needed to have the $1210 in the court registry in order to goto court.My wife is disabled and has an attorney doing her dissability we are strapped on money but if we have to we will try to get all the money we had half already.The legal aid stated that she would put it in anyways and hopefully the judge will want to hear the case.somethings not right here with legal aid and the court system in plant city why there overlooking the girlfriend is not the landlord/attorney..I'm trying to fix this quick and also I want to file a lawsuit for the unsafe conditions of the home that have made me sick.I have had bad allergies from the mold and digesting 1,000's of termites .They fly around us when my wife makes dinner.My stomach ahs been upset plus the stress and harassment i have went through with these people they told us not to worry abou thow much we pay and everything will be fine when we do settle up when my wifes school check comes in .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

So is it legal for the girlfriend of the landlord to file an eviction ,if shes not listed as property owner or on my Lease papers.They gave this women a writ of possession.She holds no legal value to the property.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!