Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Real Estate and Property Law Forum > Landlord-Tenant Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Roach infestation help!!

I moved into my very first apartment in February 2015. We have had roach problems since the day we moved in. At first we bought raid sprays and thought we could solve the problem ourselves and that it would work, it didn't. So then we proceeded to buy roach bombs. It worked for a few days then they came back. These roaches are EVERYWHERE. They are sometimes in the shower, crawling on the walls(including bedroom), in the kitchen cabinets, drawers, stove burners, and even in the fridge. This problem is driving me mad. We have put in about 3-5 requests to have them exterminate. They come and just spray, but the roaches come back the next day. I am a very clean person and never leave dishes overnight in the sink and scrub down all the countertops, sweep before I go to sleep. I also only cook about twice a week and eat leftovers so there is hardly food being cooked in my kitchen that would attract roaches. I wash the restroom every weekend and they still seem to come through the sink or bathtub. It's been 9 months and I signed a 14 month lease. I want to terminate my lease and move in with a family member until I can find a place that isn't infested. Only problem is I have to pay 2 months of rent to end lease. Why should I have to pay when clearly I am leaving for a health issue. They are the ones who couldn't get rid of them. I am not the only one who has had this problem. I've been reading reviews on these apartments and this roach problem has been going on for several years (5+) the name of the apartments are Casa Bella in Tucson Az. What are my legal rights? Also I am a 19 yr old college student and Just started establishing my credit. I don't want to leave and ruin my credit, and I also can't afford to pay the 2 months rent all at once. Is there any free lawyers who can help? Do I contact the health department of Arizona. Because I can't sleep another night here without fearing that a roach will be crawling on me. ( which has happened before)

Last edited by Elisaa_martinez; 11-23-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!