Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Real Estate and Property Law Forum > Landlord-Tenant Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sick/Disabled Woman Being Evicted From HUD Projects For Complaining

I've lived in apartments the biggest chunk of the last 20 years. Twice it's been HUD projects. These are the oldest & dumpiest apartments in town. We don't get things like dishwashers or even washer & dryer connections. These were built before such luxuries existed.

These are also where most of the criminals, woman beaters, rapists, child abusers/neglecter's/molesters, & drug dealers/addicts end up. Them & their children are allowed to roam like this whole place is some kind of theme park. Almost all I hear is noise.

I've gone without AC for days, heat for days, & hot water therefore showers for days. Complaining to the office staff gets you no-where. Complaining to their management company gets you accused of being out to get or slander people. So I've turned to HUD who tells you to go to OHFA.

Although going to either place was to no avail these apartments have tried to retaliate twice before because I went over their heads to HUD & OHFA. First they tried to say I didn't report an income but I was able to prove I reported I won SSDI disability to them & OHFA at the same time (via email). They couldn't get me for back-rent like they wanted to.

Next they tried to charge me $25-$50 because a maintenance man had to come plunger my sink & take off a piece of plumbing to dump it out. I tried to put cooked rice down their disposal & it wouldn't work. He showed me in the elbow of the plumbing there's a lip sticking out that hangs things up. So he dumped it out. I've been doing it by myself ever since. I've never paid for a maintenance call in my life. But I bet this ends up on my rental history or credit report.

Finally they've given me a 30-day "Notice of Termination" dated 6/11/08. They claim it's "because of my serious & repeated interference with the rights of quiet enjoyment of other tenants". I haven't had any noise complaints. Not a single one. I can't because I'm disabled & rarely go anywhere or see anybody.

Everything I've done has been via email. So I can prove I complained to these apartments & I can also prove I complained about these apartments. I can also prove the 2 previous attempts at retaliation. First I went back to OHFA & HUD but this time included every news station in Tulsa. I've since went out & took pics to back me up plus ran into neighbors who claim they want to back me up. My neighbors want the health dept. out here but I think DHS & the police should be included. You can hate we lazy no good worthless adults all you want but what about the kids? It's not their fault.

I don't know about HUD or OHFA but by the time the news station dig through all their other stuff & get to mine my 30 days will probably be long gone. Plus these apartments know about my site & within moments of posting a lot of that I had 3 new members...one of whom is the manager of this apartment complex. None have said anything but suddenly things I've posted (pics) are being cleaned up around here. Small children caught outside playing alone are told to go home...like that's good enough because they'll be right back out as soon as security disappears around the corner.

I've spoken to one attorney. He said he's had biz from here & the few times he's been here he's heard gun shots...why would I want to fight/stay? I want to fight because I've never been evicted/have a perfect record & would like to keep it that way. But I don't want to stay. Yet I'm sick/disabled. I have no money to move, no where to go, & no one to move me. I was just in the ER last week or so & this place knew it because I showed them the bruise from the IV while I was paying my rent.

Plus if I don't help the people who don't know how to hunt down OHFA & HUD's complaint numbers or have computer/net access much less know how to use it...who will? 4 kids live in a crap-hole & 3 have asthma...there's something wrong with this picture. Especially considering we live in the #1 country in the world.

This sweetheart of an attorney offered to give me a list of agencies & orgs I could call. I already got that list. Then I put it on the web & added to it. Most of our Gov't & State help agencies & orgs are little to no help at all. When you're sick more often then not yet have no back-up what so ever they're no help at all. What we need is a new help org that actually helps. We need a help org that knows how to protect our basic human rights to help protect us from the other agencies & orgs not to mention health care pros. I think we need an org like this whether we have family & friends or not. So I'm trying to start the creation of one on yet another website in my sig.

He said I could fight & I might win. But if I win it'll only be what...court costs & attorney fees? Or I could lose & only have 3 days to move instead of however many I have. Then I'm certainly not moving back into another THA or HUD project..."they're all the same". What are the odds I can get a housing voucher from THA or OHFA & find a place to live plus pack & beg strangers to move me in less then 30 days?

But the attorney said to get other people's advice. Are there any attorneys here who have any advice? Also do you know of a place where disabled people with no one can go to get an caregiver or advocate or somebody?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by admin; 08-26-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Is your posting actually a request for help, or is it an advertisement for your web sites and spam? You have legal assistance, and you have documented your situation. What is your question for this forum?

It is against the Terms of Service of this site to put adversiting links in your signature. Somehow it escaped the keen notice of our Administrator.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleGrace View Post
Is your posting actually a request for help, or is it an advertisement for your web sites and spam? You have legal assistance, and you have documented your situation. What is your question for this forum?

It is against the Terms of Service of this site to put adversiting links in your signature. Somehow it escaped the keen notice of our Administrator.
Boy you really are bored. I wonder why they haven't made you admin or mod yet since you insist on policing this site?

Update:

I ended up going around & taking pics all over the place, I got a video, I got 2 petitions, & I got replies/witnesses. Even w/ all this legal aid told me to move before my notice to move turned into an eviction notice. They said laws aren't kind to OK renters. They didn't know if I could win & an eviction notice would've ruined my record.

I had to move. I lost my entertainment center, kitchen table & chairs, & microwave in the process. And I'm sick/disabled & live on a very fixed income...I can't afford to replace these things.

Legal Aid told me to sue them. The problem is I ended up moving to TX. Where do I hire an atty...OK where this happened or TX? And what kind of atty?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'd love to answer your question, but since you predicated the asking of it with an indication you would prefer to wait for someone else to reply, shall we wait?

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]

Last edited by GentleGrace; 08-26-2008 at 10:50 AM.