Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Intellectual Property
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy should i fear a trademark infringement lawsuit?

never mind

Last edited by anna_is_here; 02-26-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: wanted to remove post but no removal button so i cleared contents.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I recently received a letter from a law firm representing an entertainment media company, accusing me or someone using my internet address of illegally downloading and distributing an old movie (Taboo). They are asking for money as settlement or they will take me to court.They did file and affidavit with my ISP to get my address and phone number.

Get free demos for certkillerexam and mcts exam 400-101 dumpswith guaranteed success. Our best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of rasmussen &mcts Loyola University Maryland - A Jesuit, Liberal Arts University in Baltimore, MD

Last edited by zeeshan002; 06-19-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

IP Address Opinion

There have been hundreds of thousands of cases where companies bring lawsuits vs people that download or stream movies without paying for them. Recently judges have said that ruling that IP address-only evidence fails to meet the pleading standards required to pursue for copyright infringement. Mainly because IP addresses can be shared by multiple people or sometimes many people so bringing a lawsuit would be difficult since the party who actually downloaded the movie would be unknown.

Mainly there is nothing linking the IP address to the identity of the actual person downloading the copyrighted material and nothing proving that the person actually lives in there.

Tags
infringement, lawsuit, trademark