Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Immigration Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Can i apply for green card if i get married with my American Citizen Fiancee?

I am curious whether i can apply for green card if i get married with my Fiancee who is an American even after my visa expired. Even if i go back home will the Immigrant officer will let me come back to USA to get married? If any one can help me what do i have to do in order to get married with my Fiancee and not get deported or if i go back to my home country how do i get back to states? everything is getting complicated
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yes, and there is certain time to be able to apply for it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-26-2015, 06:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, You can apply.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Green Card after Marriage

yes, you may be able to marry US Citizen and apply for a green card after a period of time. You must Acquire and complete Forms I-485 and I-130. These documents also require you to gather certain documents such as proof of citizenship of the spouse who is a US citizen, copies of marriage certification that you did in fact get married,

Complete a check or money order for each of the filing fees for the forms ($1,070 for Form I-485 and $420 for Form I-130) made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Mail completed forms, supporting documentation and all filing fees together to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox Facility at: USCIS, P.O. Box 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Then you have to wait for notice and appointment

This process is only for people who are already within the US because of some sort of Visa, if you are outside of the US the process is different and some of the requirements must be done by the US citizen spouse that is currently within the US