Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Immigration Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Husband cannot become us citizen

He came illegaly and underage. 2years later he applied for and was granted a work permit with a TPS because of an earthquake. In 2006 Immigration refused to renew TPS because they felt he no longer qualified. He already had 2 children so he stayed, and in 2008 he married me. Consulted a very young lawyer who told us that since he stayed after TPS was removed, and he didnt appeal the decidion then, his only choice was to go back to El Salvador and wait out the 10 year penalty and re apply from there. We have no extreme circumstances that we could petition the court as a reason for him to stay. We are legally married, but immigration will not recognize it. Anyone know of anything we haven't heard of yet? Were still waiting to see if Obama will do anything.
blueberrytea is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.