Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Finances, Credit & Collections
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Travel Agency Fraud

I have Traveled to India from USA to Give birth to my Second Child and had Purchased 2-two way Tickets for me and my older son on Jan ‘ 14 2014. my Husband Paid My Dreamz Travel Irving TX Amount of $1845.00 for Two way, 2 tickets paid via American Express Card.
My Husband again Purchased Airline Tickets from My Dreamz Travel USA to add New Born Child and my Mother to accompany me to USA, and he had done $2070.00 Wire Transfer to her Account Travel Agency Account (Wells Fargo 1458222252). We have submitted my Passport Details Photocopy as Proof for the Issuance of Ticket we have landed safely in Atlanta on Jul 11 with my two Sons and my Mother.
On July 22, we got a call from Isha Travel New Jersey, whom we never spoke before asking us to pay the money of $5000.00 for the Tickets. He is showing my Passport Copies which we submitted to My Dreamz Travel and also a Citi Platinium Credit Card that has my Name on it. we called the Credit Card Company and Inquired About it with Fraud Department and they are saying that they do NOT have my name on the card neither any Details of my in their Systems, which means that Either My Dreamz Travel or her Partner(Consolidators) have somehow Forged the Credit Card that can have my name on the card And was Submitted to ISHA Travels to Issue the Tickets. Now Isha Travels is asking me to Pay for the Price of the tickets which we never talked or spoken Before. The tickets that we used was Paid by my Husband to My Dreamz Travel and was Paid in Full.

Isha Travels lawyer had sent us a 10 day notice to pay up the amount or face the legal Proceedings. I would appreciate your advice on this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

RE:Travel Agency Fraud

It sounds like you have been the victim of a travel scam and of identity theft.

A common travel scam involves criminals creating fake travel agency websites. “My Dreamz” appears to be an LLC incorporated in Irving, Texas, but beyond that there is very little information available about the company online, such as Yelp or Trip Advisor reviews. The company simply does not seem legitimate, and it is possible that My Dreamz used the personal identity information you provided them to commit identity theft and create a fake credit card in your name.

A web search of Isha Travels also yields very little information other than that the business is incorporated in New Jersey. However, the following webpage shows numerous complaints of fraud on the part of Isha: Isha Travels - ISHA TRAVELS FRAUD.

It seems very possible that My Dreamz and Isha are working together to attempt to extort more money from you. A legitimate travel agency would not have booked the airline tickets and allowed them to be used without first verifying the credit card information provided.

I recommend that you do not pay these companies any additional money and that you report the fraud as soon as possible. Since you are in the United States, you can contact the local police department where you are staying or the state attorney general’s office to find out if there is a consumer fraud division and ask to file a report.

The National Fraud Information Center (NFIC) can also help you file a complaint with an appropriate federal agency. You can reach the NFIC at 800-878-7060 or by visiting Fraud.org - Home.

If you are not an American citizen, you may also want to contact your nearest embassy or consulate. Consular officers can often help explain the local criminal justice process, help you file a police report, and refer you to other victim’s resources.

Finally, you may want to speak with an attorney. To learn more about identity theft and to be referred to an experienced attorney in your area, please visit: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...ity-theft.html.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
RKG

Same case happened to me

Coincidentally, same case happened to me with these 2 travel agencies.
In my case i bought the tickets from insignia travels / my dreamz travel and paid them full amount -$5850. After completing the travel I also received call from Isha travels for demand of $7389 and legal notice. I already reported to police and seeking legal advise for this. Just saw your post, so wondering if we can discuss and work against this fraud.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Unhappy same case happened to me - My dreamz Travel

I booked flight tickets for my parents through My Dreamz Travel agent on Oct 11th 2013 to travel to and from Chennai, India to Chicago, USA by Etihad airlines. And I booked one way flight ticket for my wife and child from Chennai, India to Chicago, USA on the same flight (Etihad airlines). Here I paid this amount in two cheque’s. First cheque was on October 11th 2013 ($ 2000.00) and second one was October 24th 2013 ($ 1130.00). And the amount was debited from my account once on October 21st 2013 ($ 2000.00) and another cheque was debited on October 31st 2013 ($ 1130.00). My family (Parents, wife & child) did the onward journey on February 13th 2014 without any issue. But, while flying back to India on July 31st 2014, on the way to the Chicago Airport (O’Hare international) Mr. Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) called me through phone and he said “Your Parents ticket was cancelled, I apologize for that and I promise you I will book new tickets on August 04th 2014 (Monday) and your parents will fly on same day (August 04th 2014)”. I asked for what reason they cancelled the ticket, even though on July 29th 2014 I confirmed the ticket with Etihad customer service representative and they (Etihad customer service representative) sent an email also with all confirmed details. My family used same ticket while travelling from Chennai, India to Chicago, USA on February 13th 2014 without any issue. And I informed the same to agent through phone and I said that I am close to the Chicago Airport (O’Hare international) and I will verify what reason they cancelled my parent’s ticket.
At the Chicago Airport (O’Hare international), the Etihad airlines representative informed us that the tickets were cancelled by my travel agent. Upon question the Etihad airlines representatives, I was asked to provide the credit card information used as the payment mode of the ticket. Since i paid the amount to the agent Mr. Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) through cheque (PNC Bank - Bloomington, IL ), i was not able to produce the credit card details. Moreover, they said your tickets were refused by your travel agent. Then later I tried to reach Mr. Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) through Phone call at the Chicago airport (O’Hare international), but he didn’t respond my calls as well as my emails. I left from the Chicago Airport (O’Hare international), and I sent an message to Mr. Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) requesting him to “Please confirm the ticket on August 04th 2014 and let me know the itinerary details” and Mr.Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) replied to my mail “I left for the day and I will call you tomorrow”.
Then Next day August 01th 2014 (Friday), Mr. Anadi (My Dreamz Travel agent) called me and he (Mr. Anadi – My Dreamz Travel agent) promised me to book new tickets for my parents to go back to India as the fault was on his end. And again, he (Mr. Anadi – My Dreamz Travel agent) promised me I will send you the tickets on August 04th 2014 (Monday) and your parents will fly on same day. And I waited his
(Mr. Anadi – My Dreamz Travel agent) phone call on Monday (August 04th 2014) and he (Mr. Anadi) called on the same day and again he (Mr. Anadi) promised me to book the new ticket on Tuesday (August 05th 2014) and your parents will fly on Wednesday (August 06th 2014).

From that next day Tuesday (August 05th 2014) he ignored my phone calls as well as my emails. Since my parents have to travel back to India as their visas are getting expired, I was left with no choice other than making a new reservation on August 05th 2014 (Tuesday) evening with a different Travel agent which cost $ 1494 to fly my parents back to India and my parents travelled on August 07th 2014 (Thursday).
I informed to Mr. Anadi on August 06th 2014 (Wednesday) about my new tickets by email and I also informed that I will give this issue legal attention if you (Mr. Anadi – My Dreamz Travel agent) didn’t refund my new reservation ($ 1494) amount. The next day August 07th 2014 Thursday morning Mr. Anadi called me saying that he(Mr. Anadi) was sorry that he(Mr. Anadi) was not able to attend my phone calls or emails as his aunty expired on August 05th 2014 (Tuesday) and again promised me to refund the money that I spent on the new reservation and asked me to send the invoice of the payment for the new reservation. Later, on the same day (August 07th 2014 Thursday) I called to Mr. Anadi through phone call and I asked him to please reply my mail, whatever you (Mr. Anadi) promised me. But, Mr.Anadi asked me to send a disregard email to him for my previous email. I promised him once I get the amount to me, I will send an email as per his request to which he did not agree and we both ended the call.
On Saturday (August 09th 2014) morning Mr. Anadi sent an email which states “I will call you between 4pm to 5pm your time”. And he(Mr. Anadi) called me on the same day evening, again asking me to send the disregard email to get your money refunded for which I said only after receiving the money I will send the disregard email and said he(Mr. Anadi) will call me on Monday(August 11th 2014). Moreover, Mr. Anadi did not reply to my emails or did leave any written proof and his (Mr. Anadi) last call which I attended was on Saturday (August 09th 2014) evening. From that day onwards he (Mr. Anadi) is neither attending my phone calls nor replying my emails.

And I sent an another email on August 13th 2014 (Wednesday) and I gave for another one day until 14th August 2014 (Thursday) I will wait, If I didn’t receive any response from your (Mr. Anadi) end about my refund $ 1494. I will proceed with legal way to file a case against you.

Further enquiry with Etihad team, revealed that Mr.Anadi booked the tickets with a stolen credit card with a different travel agent (Travel-Wings Inc. in New York , NY.) and this is the travel agent who cancelled my tickets.

Here i have Po box address only, please find the address and help me how to proceed further;

My Dreamz Travel (My Dreamz Travels)
Anadi , Yulika
P.O.Box 171456
Irving, TX
PHONE NO.: 972-474-8888 / 561-705-4282
FAX: 972-474-8889
EMAIL: info@mydreamztravel.com, anadi@mydreamztravel.com, yulika@mydreamztravel.com

Here I furnished all the above truthful details from my end. And i made local police complaint also.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
RKG

My Dreamz Travel Fraud

I purchased international air travel tickets Insignia Travels / My Dreamz Travels based at Irving, TX for me and my family. Travel agency delivered the itinerary after the full payment of $5850 thru our credit card. We provided our passport copy for issuing the tickets.

After completing our travel and arriving back home on 06/19/14, , I got a call on July 17, 2014, from ISHA Travels, NJ( whom we never knew before and never talked before) and demanded the payment of $7389 for the same tickets on which we travelled and made the full payment to My Dreamz Travels.
Isha Travels sent us the copy of passport, which I provided to My Dreamz Travels and also a copy of credit card with my name on it against which air tickets were issued. However, the credit card does not belong to me , it only has my name on it.

Apparently, either My Dreamz Travels used my passport information and a forged credit card with my name on it to purchase the travels tickets from Isha Travels or both of the travels agents are working together to scam me.

Recently I received a legal letter from Isha Travels demanding $7389 for the tickets on which me and family travelled and are fully paid to Insignia Travels / My Dreamz Travels. Please advise what to do in this matter.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I went through the same case.

Hello all, I went through the same case along with my friends. We got calls from different travel agencies asking to pay the amount. It is basically a fraud agency which will take your details and fool other travel agencies into booking tickets.
It's a case of identity theft. Please save all your email and voicemails from Anadi and Yulika. And complain ASAP to the local police. It should be fine. Show them the proof of emails and also the bank transactions (wire transactions) and withdrawal notifications from your statements.
I did the same. I was helped my the police over here. I wont disclose the location.
Try contacting Detective Chasteen from the Grand Prairie Police Department. He helped my friend in this case. Also contact your local police department. Let's put an end to this.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THESE TRAVEL AGENCIES henceforth.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
suk

Insignia Travels LLC - Scam

Scam!!! Scam!!! Scam!!! Stay away from these guys.

Seems Insignia Travels LLC is the new name of MyDreamz travels. The same team has been conning people still.

I am one of their victim. I wish I read this thread before dealing with these guys.

On 04/10/2015, Mr. Aadi from Insignia Travels LLC, ( insigniatravels dot com ) approached me via email, as I was looking for tickets. We agreed up on a quote and ready to go forward. At that time he gave me two options - Payment via CC or Payment by Wire. If I go with CC, he would charge me 4% extra to cover the credit card fees. If I go with wire, there is no extra charge. (Now I repent for not taking CC option) And so I did wire money $4000 to to his wellsfargo account (No 3234609299). Later I received a confirmation number for my tickets. I immediately called airlines to confirm the tickets and they are valid.
After four days, when I happened to call the airlines to check something else, I was told the tickets were purchased using a stolen credit card. Since the purchase is not legit, they considered it as fraud and cancelled the tickets.

Since they are not valid anymore, I would have to pay them in full, if I want to travel. I tried to reach Mr. Aadi, the so called agent, to inquire and for refund. But no word from him. He doesn't answer the calls and emails, no matter how many times I call or email him.

I am still waiting to hear from him and hoping to get back my money.

Here are the company and agent details:

Insignia Travels, llc
2711 Centerville Rd STE 400
Wilmington,DE,19808
support@insigniatravels.com
972-957-8804
insigniatravels dot com
Person who dealt with me: Mr Aady ( aady@insigniatravels.com )

I tried reaching their office at the DE address and came to know its just a company registration agent's address, not the real one.

If anyone who got defrauded above could please share their experiences and/or the actions that can be taken against this guy, it would be of great help.

*** Update
After research I came to know that Mr. Aadi is none other than Mr Anadi Rastogi. So guyz beware.

Last edited by suk; 05-12-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
aau

Scammed by Aady from Insignia!

My story is the exact same as SUK. Was given the option to pay by credit card or wire transfer. I chose credit card. It turns out a stolen credit card was used to actually pay for my ticket and that of my family. The way we found out was when we went to the airport to check-in and the airline had revoked the tickets. Thant's when I realized the whole thing was a scam. I have never encountered this much stress in such a short period of time in my life. I am still in a state of shock and unsure of what do next. I have filed a dispute with the credit card company. I have also filed a police report.

This dirty scum needs to be arrested and thrown into jail.

I am worried what else to expect next?

Last edited by aau; 06-13-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Exclamation Fraud by Insignia Travels

Hello,

I also got scammed by Insignia Travels. They stole from me a large amount of money through a similar scheme to the ones described here. Will highly appreciate it if you contact me via this forum We all could join our efforts together in the fight against these criminals.