Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Finances, Credit & Collections
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Wells Fargo

I have mortgage with Wells Fargo. Back in 2008 my payment to WF was made on the due date and not days before for them to post it. Should I be responsible for that payment not being posted, the letter they sent to me read "on or before the due date". They sent my money back, because the forbearance became null and void. I sent the certified mail next day air and it was received and signed by someone @WF, but they keep saying that when they received the check no payment plan was in effect or no forbearance plan was in effect as of that date which was 4 days later.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am not entirely clear on your question, but it is not uncommon for banks to pressure people into paying more than they are supposed to.

Wells Fargo along with Bank of America and Chase were settled for 25 Billion Dollars for activity similar to this in the National Mortgage Settlement. Payments to borrowers to begin June 10, 2013 | NationalMortgageSettlement

Here are some additional articles that may assist you. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...-lawsuits.html

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...s-lawyers.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!