Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Finances, Credit & Collections
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Texas Repo advice needed!

In 2004 I purchased a used vehicle but due to a layoff fell behind on payments. I notified the creditor about the problem and told the agent I was starting another job but wouldnt be paid for 4 weeks and if they would allow me that time I would not only pay what I needed to catch up but I could advance pay the next two payments too. He agreed to this and things were fine till the creditor manager started calling my work place and reminding me i owe them money. She did this for two weeks nonstop till my boss said he couldnt have this distraction at his work and let me go. So i called the creditor and told them since they got me fired if they wanted the vehicle or any money they would have to go thru court to get it. Its been 9 years now and they have yet to file any court case, they have sent repomen but since my vehicle is on company property and they have no court writ they cant get to it. Is there a time limit they have on filing and if so what can i now do with the vehicle?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

There are statute of limitations on court actions they vary on each offense, but typically they are between 1 and 3 years and if no court action has taken place since 2004 then it is probably yours.
Here is an article on statute of limitations http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...t-actions.html .

I would check with a lawyer licensed in Texas to confirm and many organizations offers free or very cheap consultations. You will want to look at the Texas Bar Association, your County Bar Association, or try finding a lawyer on http://www.legalmatch.com/ . I would think it is yours they can try to take it, but if they don't have a court order and they repossess it 9 years later you may be able to take them to court.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

The lack of COMMAS gives you away EVERY time. Tsk tsk tsk

No one has an aversion to commas like you. And Rgriff. and Rhinojd. And...LEGEND. Read your postings--check out the long run-on sentences that are confusing because they have no PERIODS.

Look how a PERIOD changes the meaning of the entire sentence you wrote: " I would think it is yours they can try to take it" --- Now read it properly, "I think it is yours. They can try to take it.........."

............................. <--there. Extra ones. Feel free to use as many as you need.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]