Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Family Law Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Can I be taken away?

I'm 17. My friend told our school counselor that I was suicidal and cutting, and he of course told my mother. I have a really rough relationship with her and have for years. I don't trust her and frankly, I hate her. But she made an appointment for me with a counselor without telling me and I'm refusing to go. She said that if I don't go and my counselor finds out, then he can call DFCS and I'll be taken away because she is neglecting me. I don't really believe that since she's technically trying to help me and I'm just refusing.

Can they take me or not?

Also, I live with 4 other adults besides my mother, one of which is a legal guardian of me (my grandma), if that matters.

Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Shockingly INACCURATE advice. If she is a troubled underaged child with apparent mental issues she most certainly NOT assured of any "right" to "make that decision" (presumably the decision to live with mother or not live with mother?)

Your advice is totally inaccurate.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Amazing the people who cannot read who consider themselves capable of giving legal advice. First you have a clearly uninformed person telling an underaged child she is "old enough to make the decision to cut herself". SERIOUSLY?

Now you have a foreign spammer/scammering stating the gal is "neglecting her mother". There is also no basis for her to be taken from her mother--she CAN be, but on what basis? The mother isn't cutting her---she isn't alleging any ABUSE in the home---the fact she is a rebellious and ungrateful teenager doesn't mean she is entitled to head over to foster care and the nightmares that entails.

She is a troubled angry rebellious teen who interestingly enough, in her posting expresses both a distain for her mother while at the same time expressing concern for being taken away. Clearly she has significant "issues". Hopefully none of them will be made worse by the nonsense uninformed people are perpetuating here.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]