Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Family Law Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
wrongful termination of parental rights

In 2000 I gave birth to my first child. About 6 months after he was born false allegations were made against me. We went to court and i proved them to be false. The judge, Robin Gryder Gibson, gave him back to me but told me I couldn't leave state for 6 months. As a young new mother I did what I thought was best and left, in fear of it happening again. We stayed gone maybe a little less than a month and came back. We got to the bus station and there they took my son again. I thought I would have a service agreement or something in order to get my son back but that was not the case. I was manipulated in signing my rights over to his grandmother by Celeste Pruitt, a dhs worker. She told me that if I did not than the state would take them. So not knowing any better I did like I was told. I have been in my sons life all these years. His grandmother died in 2013 and we both want to be reunited with each other. Neither of us feel we should have been taken from each other. I have been told by his step grandfather that the judge said if I wanted any rights to my son I would have to petition the courts. I recently sent in my petition and talked to Melissa Mathern, my sons case worker who told me that I could probably get some sort of rights to him. I moved to North Dakota to make a better life for me n my children. I have letters for my character. Instead of the judge telling me no they instead tell my 15 yr old son that since nobody wants him he will go into a facility. My son has begged and pleaded with the case worker and the ateim lietum that all he wants is to be with me. I kno my son has ran away numerous times because he just wants to be with me. I have moved out of this state to get away from the drugs and the gangs. Please let my child and I be together. Its all we want, is to be with the other. Please my rights were taken from me wrongfully.
trish1978 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 326
So whatever the reasons are at this point you need to file a Petition with the court. If you are the biological parent you will likely obtain some rights, but you need to go through the court where the current custody orders are.

I strongly encourage you to find an attorney in the area your son's case is taking place so he/she can petition the court to restore some if not all of your rights.

Here is an article explaining custody rights etc that can give you some background. Good luck with everything.

rhinojd is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.