Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Family Law Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Angry DCFS has taken custody

Approx 2 weeks ago I was informed my ex (who has sole physical) was taken into the hospitol in pre term labor (30)weeks. admitting to taking percoset and lortabs DCFS became involved, my ex then admitted to smoking heroin while pregnant 5 to six times a day over an unspecified period of time and with my daughter in her care, my daughter was taken into dcfs, I was pretty much uninformed. up until they took my daughter, I have been named biological father I have a close affectionate bond and relationship with her, dcfs claims my daughter would be at harm or risk if she was placed with me due to several past convictions for dui, these happened 4 years ago and I payed my debt and graduated an inpatient rehab as well as 1 year of aftercare including private therapy with succesful termination of probation. I have a felony dui from over a year ago pending sentencing, I have never abused or neglected my daughter, all but one of these charges were from 2 years before my daughter was born,in which i have been previously awarded Visitation at which anytime previous to or during times when I have my daughter if im suspected of being under the influence I can be requested to submit to urinalysis if I were to test positive I would lose all visitation for a period of 30 days CLEAN also after counseling.I have never put my daughter at any risk nor have I drank with her in my care. Iam perfectly able employed willing and wanting to have my daughter. Im not the one smoking heroin around her. my daughter should be rightfully placed with me.I had planned on having her for extended modified parent time thruout the holiday (planned with her mother) and her birthday rite after, there is an emergency plan that my sister and her husband shall be named as next of kin able to take my daughter in the event that i cant. I have payed child suport monthly for the last 8 monthe as well as approx $150 in back sopport monthly, my daughter has been in my care for weeks at a time previously up to 3 weeks at a time because my ex has done this I feel im being punished
determined_father is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 85
Given the great amount of issues involved relating to judgements about criminal law, it advisable to contact a criminal defense attorney to determine you and your ex's rights against criminal prosecution by the state of Utah and the federal government. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...efenses.htmlAs far as the numerous issues raised dealing with custody of the children and family law, it is advisable to speak with a divorce or family law attorney. A link can be found here: http://www.legalmatch.com/divorce-lawyers.html
jonathan.vogel is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.