Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Estate Administration & Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 1
Cool Co - Owned Property Conundrum !!!

I am currently 1/3 owner of a house my mother owned which was deeded to me and my two sisters when she passed away. My sister was kicked out of her current living situation and has now moved into the house which we all own. She refuses to help pay her part of the bills. There is currently a mortgage on said property and other numerous utility bills, insurance, and taxes. Me and my eldest sister have been paying the bills since my mom passed on. The sister that lives there says she does not intend on helping out. I am wondering if there is any legal action I can take against her to force her hand at either paying her share or evicting her from the premises all together.
cuffy27 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 326
There are a number of legal actions you can take.

You can engage in a forced sale of the Property and recover split the proceeds equally while recovering the unequal portion of money you spent under unjust enrichment.

You may also seek an Receiver to take control of the property. A receiver is a court appointed entity that represents all parties equally and is often appropriate in these type of unfair and unresolvable situations.

There are basically a number of ways to address this problem, but you will need to speak with your own attorney to ensure your rights are protected.

I encourage you to use your local county or state bar association to find representation. You can also use attorney matching services such as http://www.legalmatch.com/ .

Good luck.
rhinojd is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.