Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Estate Administration & Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 04:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Inheritance from Probate Estate in Guam USA...Need Advice

What kind of Legal Recourse do I take if I believe I am being pushed out of my inheritance by the Administrator and (his or her) Attorney?

They wanted me to pay a said dollar amount of money, yet they have not disclosed to my what my property interest is, and now they have filed a hearing for April 03, 2009 requesting the sale of my property interest. I do not know what kind of Legal representation to pursue to help me with this problem, and now time is running out.

I was informed that I was supposed to be informed by certified mail, of every hearing filed for regarding this Estate, and I was not informed at all. There is so much more regarding this case.

I am terribly distressed; I have made every attempt to contact the Attorney who is representing the Administrator, and believe (he or she) is staling so my time runs out, so they can proceed to sale my property interest.

Please help me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

As it happens, in probate, there may be multiple beneficiaries to the estate. There can be no division of some kinds of assets... like real estate... so it is normal for real estate to be sold and for the proceeds, after fees for the real estate broker and the estate overseer are taken, to be divided among the beneficiaries.

I recommend that you call the court to determine WHEN the sale or auction is to be held... and that you get a copy of the estimate of value from the court. If none was ordered, then you might question the haste at selling and determine if you want to bid yourself and then resell at a later date if you think the value is either underestimated or if the auction is held without appropriate notice to the public... The number of bids is important. An open auction of a desirable property should get several bids. You can ask the court for a right of purchase if you disagree with the sale price. But don't expect to get it. It might not be possible unless you are the only beneficiary.

But don't think of this as being against your interest. It is just normal practice for settling an estate.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!