Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Estate Administration & Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Living trust I don't know my rights

Both of my grandparents are passed grandpa in 2000 and grand in 2007.Left a house to my mother and then to be left to be split between me and my sister after her passing. And this is from what I understand is in a living trust I have seen it once but hardly remember whats in it. I know I must have some right to see it. My mom is destroying what is left of the house and I am in need to see if this is worth even fighting.

My mother in December of 2012 my mother lost it.She is addicted to pills and is manic depressive possibly on narcotics.Has moved a strange man into my grand parents house which the living trust is in. Many of my grand parents things I'm afraid have been sold off. I just don't know what to do because from what I understand they are all in the living trust.

I didn't want to fight this but I just hate thinking that things that were meant to stay in the family are getting sold off because she has a new boy friend. No one in my family talks to her because she's so hard to deal with no one knows what to do.

Lets put it this way. She disowned her own grandson because my sister wouldn't go to the store to get a soda for her. She's a spoiled bret beyond belief.

Please some one help. Im desperate.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well you need to find out who the trustee is. If you contact a lawyer in your area and give them some info they would be able to locate the living trust. Once that is done you can petition to remove the trustee for not performing properly.

If you really cannot find the living trust, you can petition a Court where the real property is located and say to claim Waste is being committed, but this will be complicated and something you need an attorney for.

Here are some articles explaining living or inter vivos trusts and removing trustees.

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...s-lawyers.html

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...-and-cons.html

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...ing-trust.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!