Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Estate Administration & Planning
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
California: Trustee and Executor


Trust, will, codicils and petition to determine order of succession entered in Orange County by Grandfather (Decedent as of October 2010).

Mother named as first sole successor trustee in trust in 1988.

Granddaughter listed ambiguously (though verbally, before Grandfather's death, he made it clear that Granddaughter should be executor and trustee) as first in order of succession as executor in 1996.

Mother hiding documents. Refuses to produce original documents. Has emptied bank accounts that were willed by Grandfather into trust.

Petition filed, in pro per, to provide accounting to the court, to provide original documentation in order to get an accurate certificate of trust, and to appoint Grandaughter as trustee.

Recent information, after filing, has turned up that shows accounting provided to the court is fraudulent using account numbers that don't even exist.

Question 1: What is the best way to add a request to the original petition for removal of mother as trustee and executor based on fraud or incompetence (whichever reason best explains non-existent count numbers on court documentation years in a row)?

Question 2: Mother's health is bad, mental state is poor, and she suffers from severe alcoholism. May qualify as dependent adult of Father, with whom she is married. Will it appear retaliatory to call social services? If not, what is the best way to get her a medical checkup? Father refuses to allow her access to medical care.

Question 3: I've found the money in a variety of poorly managed accounts by sleuthing ignorant bank tellers. It is, approximately, one million dollars. Is there a way to get the bank to freeze the money until this is all sorted out? Mother has been served and may do something crazy.

Question 4: I have zero dollars. What can I expect to have to pay an attorney to help out? Am crazy am I for not having an attorney for this process? That is what everyone keeps telling me.

Thank you, in advance, for any input. I am happy to answer any questions and will do my best to be prompt.
gotprobs is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.