Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Employment & Labor Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Is an employment application considered a contract?

My employer is requiring me to drive 100 miles per day to a remote facility. It is at my own expense without any kind of reimbursement. When I applied for this position I specifically indicated I was not willing to travel. Would this fall under the definition of breach of contract?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Travel Reimbursement

Unfortunately, employers are not required to reimburse employees for expenses incurred in connection with their work, including travel expenses

However there are some exceptions to the rule> If there is an employee contract, such as an employment contract, calls for reimbursement, that contract must be honored. There must be a writing that has a clear, unequivocal statement in an employee handbook about reimbursement may be considered to form a contract.

If there is no contract, but the employer promised to reimburse the employee for travel, and it was on the basis of that promise that the employee expended money on travel, that promise may also be enforceable under a theory known as “promissory estoppel”

If you have proof that the travel requirements or reimbursements were promised, its best to contact a worker compensation attorney that can help you evaluate your case and determine whether you can be reimbursed for this cost. Use legalmatch's service for a case evaluation regarding your issue.

https://www.legalmatch.com/home/mobi/caseIntake.do
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

TDCJ Parole Packet

For example, a job application would be considered.Employment forms, such as an employment application form, employment verification form, non-disclosure agreement.How can a job application form contain employment contract language.The employment application is an important part of the hiring process. I hereby certify that the information contained in the employment application.

TDCJ Parole Packet