Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Employment & Labor Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry contract terminated

My husband and I were working for a Foster care agency for a year and they decided to terminated our contract and close our home in bad standing stating my husband has something in his background, so I asked them what did they find in his background and the they told me that cant tell us so we went to a private investigator to check the background and he didn't find anything so I called the company and told the and now the are avoiding us and the bad thing is when the close your home in bad standing we cant do to any other agencies or adopt. if anyone has any advice to give or point me in the right direction.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Background Checks

If you are referring to a background check done by a Background Check company or a consumer agency, there are many laws and federal regulation that protect someones rights to a background check. Depending on the state you are in most regulations require the consumer agency or agency doing the background check to give a notice that includes a copy of the consumer report they relied on to make their decision. This means that they have to provide you with the full report that they relied on when making their decision which gives you notice on what the adverse decision was based on. This also gives you an opportunity to fix any errors that might be in the report after notice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Tried

We tried contacting them to get that information but they have been ignoring us because I guess they see that they were wrong but they don't want to fix it either... Now we are trying to find an attorney who can help but no luck
Old 05-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

Background Checks

Try contacting the Fair Credit Reporting Agency that usually handles this type of disputes between consumers Background Check Laws & Regulations for Private Employers
Old 05-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

😉

Ok thanks I will try that
Old 11-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think hiring an attorney would be the best option as they deal with them diligently. This kind of issue usually occurs between employer and employee, so it would be good if you know about the agreement that was made which shows the rights of the employee. You can also know more about it in convention collective commerce de gros.