Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Employment & Labor Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Temp Worker wrongfully fired -dental reason

I live in Michigan, and I was wrongfully fired from working for a factory job through a temp service for 8 months. This was over a dental procedure requiring anesthesia. Any help that anyone could provide would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

It started off with my dad informing me that I was losing my insurance and I needed to get this stuff taken care of. Well I tried to get my dental appointments done during my time off, doing 2 appointments during my off days. Than they scheduled me for a procedure requiring anesthesia on a day I worked. I told my supervisor and he replied with an attitude. He said, "What dentist is open on a Saturday," and "do what you have to do but remember your a temp." I also left a voice-mail with the temp service just in case.

On my first scheduled day off I realized/assumed that working for this company wouldn't end up paying off for all my hard work. I called the temp service and informed the lady my supervisor was giving me unneeded attitude, and that I need something stable with benefits, and put my two weeks in. On, my next scheduled day to work I started having reactions to the prescription drugs making me sick. This caused me to go back to the dentist, and the dentist made me go to urgent care. I called the temp service and informed her of my situation. She was rude and unprofessional so I called the Temp services regional manager and informed her.

The fourth and final day I was scheduled to work I only called the factories call in number. Than I had another scheduled day off so I went to the temp service and gave them all the paper work from the dentist and urgent care. She than responded that I no called no showed. I showed her my call history and I called the wrong number (call still went to the factory), but it still had the voice mail BEEP. I didn't realize it was the wrong number as I never called off before, I was sick, and I was stressing out.

The temp service told me I was fired and even after the proof I didn't no call no show. I also tried to get a hold of the plant manager at the factory before I came in to the temp service, because I was told during orientation that if I didn't feel comfortable talking to someone I could go to the next step up, he didn't call back. Well, the lady at the temp refused to get a hold of the factory with the proof I did call, but called the wrong number.

In conclusion, I feel very wronged and upset. I don't believe I did anything wrong and have documents to prove it. I have two ideas of how this can end and would like your opinions about it and/or if you have a better idea.

1. Ask the regional manager if I can collect unemployment for 3-5 months to pursue a financial goal. And tell her I will go away quietly.
2. Exercise my freedom of speech informing the factory, factories headquarters, factories parent company, temp services headquarters, news/press, city mayor, state governor, and more about my situation and attract as much attention as I can.

I worked hard for this company for 8 months. With the only negative thing I heard about me is that I asked the same questions multiple times.

Also I haven't received 40 hours during the last month, how far back can I go for unemployment?

Thanks for reading this wall of text and any input will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Maxxone
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!