Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Employment & Labor Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Racism

I am a State Employee of 18yrs

A white supervisor directed his white subordinate to "stay away from me because I am black and he is white and nothing will ever change that" Subordinate wrote a memo to the director informing him of this and nothing was done about it nor has anyone contacted the subordinate for the past 15 months. I found out about it 5 months ago at which time I filed paper work with the HR department. Nothing has happened, subordinate was never contacted. Fast forward one month ago that same supervisor called me a Nigger. Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Racism

Racism at work is a serious issue. As management, they are responsible for being notified of the situation and remedying the situation as soon as they are notified. As an employee, you have the right to bring this incident to the attention to upper management to fix the situation. If management has not fixed the problem, as an employee you can file a claim with the equal employment opportunity commision

In order to officially file the workplace discrimination claim, you need to contact The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

After your claim is filed, the EEOC will start an investigation of your incident. Depending on the the details you provide, your case may receive an immediate investigation, or it may be assigned a review to determine the likelihood of illegal discriminatory practices. During the investigation, the EEOC may visit your work, request additional details, conduct interviews, or review documents.

Do not be afraid to do this because your employer cannot fire you or retaliate against of because of you bringing this claim and protecting your rights as an employee.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!