Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Divorce
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile divorce decree

I live in Oklahoma and have filed my petition for divorce as of April 28. I want to know if there is somewhere i can go to have an attorney read my final decree without cost. I just need to make sure that i havent left anything out so that the divorce will be granted in July. My spouse has agreed to sign the waiver and the divorce is uncontested. Any help would be wonderful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]You can call around to some local attorneys, but to be honest, it really isn't fair to expect to receive the benefit of an attorney's expertise without paying for it. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]You wouldn't go to a doctor and show him the medication you have decided to take and ask if its the right medication, so why do people expect to get legal advice for free?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]For a lawyer to approve or to tell you what you are doing is acceptable and is properly done means he or she (the lawyer) is assuming liability what happens. If a doctor tells you its ok to take a certain medication and it makes you sick, you sue him. Same with a lawyer. No lawyer is going to approve papers for free that you filled out thereby assuming liability for the result of the papers being filed. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]If you call legal services in your area, you may be eligible for free legal help. But aside from that? Lawyers pay a lot to go to law school----you should see MY bill. It's not really fair for everyone to expect their time and expertise for free. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks

thank you for the advice. is it possible to get an attorney to read them fairly cheap though?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Call local attorneys and ask. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]My point is the same--a lawyer "approving" your papers means that if, for some reason, they do not result in your achieving your goal in this process, you can sue him for not forseeing this or that and for not predicting what is going to happen. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Its going to be difficult to get a lawyer to accept responsibility for a few papers in a process that has a lot of twists and turns and can be frought with emotion. You can call and ask but I can't see it being easy to find someone to accept responsibility for a few papers. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Back to my parallel---if a doctor has never treated you, doesn't know your medical history, etc. you can't really even pay him to give you permission to take a certain medication. Lets say I have a cough and I want to take cough syrup. I can pay a doctor to tell me to take cough syrup but unless he knows more about my medical history (perhaps I do not have a cold, perhaps I have lung cancer)---he would be telling me to take something that at best, would not help and at worst, could make my condition worse. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]I can't see a lawyer being willing to accept responsibility for a few papers in a process that is much bigger and more complex than just "a simple cough". But it doesn't hurt to ask. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Good luck.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]