Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Divorce
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southern IA
Posts: 2
Exclamation founded child abuse/alienation/spiteful acts legally

In summary: My ex gained custody of our 2 minor children approximately 7 years ago after agreeing numerous times with recorded conversations, with his acknowledged awareness of the recordings, to allow the relocation of residency across state lines (only 35 miles away). Afterwards he filed contempt charges against me. The judge found me guilty, stating that recorded conversations don't hold up in court of law and it should have been put in writing and notarized, and awarded custody to my ex with me being granted visitation at his discression. The children have however primarily been in my care since that time with him being a dad at his convenience. Approximately a year ago, after moving in with his paramour, he decided to enforce his custody. I was still the one primarily dealing with school and medical and athletics, though. Physical abuse has recently been founded against him after leaving bruises on our daughter. He blames me for the charges even though I had nothing to do with reporting him. Because of this blame he has stopped all contact between my children n myself. He has made the school not allow me to have access to any records or access to the children. He won't answer phone calls from my family or myself. Our daughter is living with his mother as there is a restraining order resulting from the abuse. His mother refuses to answer phone calls as well. I don't have the means to hire an attorney. Is there ANYTHING I can do otherwise to have access to my children?!?
heartache is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 326
You can file a modification of custody yourself explained here. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...ion-order.html

If you are in California every court house has an ACCESS center, which is staffed by lawyers who will assist with the paperwork for free, but it is just paperwork and not the same as being represented. I do not know if other states have this program.

Overall, if all these allegations are true and not exaggerated then you need a lawyer. You can use your state bar association, county bar association, or a free attorney matching service such as legalmatch.com
rhinojd is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.