Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Divorce
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post contract?

Long story short. My brothers are not present in my mother's life. neither are her grandchildren. I started taking care of my mother last year. Couple of months ago, I finally removed all persons living in my mother's house and moved her back in the house. These people lived in my mother's house and did not help pay bills or do anything around the house. My mother was 70 yrs old and working to support 4 adults(her not included) and 1 child. Yes, I put an end to all this madness. As part of the agreement to move her back in her house, my mother promised that none of these people will ever live in her house again. She is no longer physically able to work and is on a very limited income. I promised to fix the house and make all necessary repairs. I also pay all the utility bills and have promised to pay back the reverse mortgage. In return, I want an agreement or contract written that sells me the house if I pay the reverse mortgage and make repairs. I want the agreement to supercede any will leaving the house to anybody else. As a result of my actions, my brothers and 1 child have expressed wishes to not have anything to do with us. My mother has no idea where they are, but yes, I do. I want something ironclad, so they can not come back later and claim anything.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Option Contract

In regards to the contract, I believe you want to create a option contract for future sale of the property. The idea of a option contract is giving you interest in the property without having you purchasing it. All land sale contracts even option contracts involving land must be in writing and must have consideration. Consideration is a bargain given by you to keep the property only for you for purchase. So in the contract you must write that you are doing these types of services as consideration to buy the house in the future and no other person can have that option. Also, the house that is in the contract cannot be placed in a will or transferred to another buyer or individual as a gift.

You might want to talk to a estate planning attorney who can draft a legal contract for you to have the option to purchase the house in the future.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Make a strategy for legal contract for the future aspect. The importance of making a strategy for contract is that at last no one would buy house that you are willing to purchase.
Take help from estate agent or a legal estate adviser.