Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Divorce
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Declaratory Judgment

Good Evening,

I need some guidance how to do.
I came to USA as refugee 20 years ago from Muslim country.
After 2 years my wife /lets call her wife #1/ sent divorce papers to me.
I got married second time in USA. When wife #2 divorced me. She destroyed ALL papers of first marriage.
1 year ago I got married third time. When I sent papers to get immigration visa for my wife.
Immigration office asked for all previous divorce certificates.I cannot go to my ex country to get papers.
I know its can be done if I ask a court in the U.S. to issue a declaratory judgment that it occurred (based on the fact of your second marriage and divorce, which presumed a prior, lawful divorce from wife # 1). And also my citizenship certificate shows "Divorced status".
The question is how I can get "declaratory judgment paper" ? How to open that case in US court?
Please guide me. All help is appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your case seems to be about an immigration question and how to satisfy the U.S.'s visa for the sponsorship of a non-U.S. national spouse. It seems that you can file a request for a declaratory judgment in a civil court and file an affidavit based on your citizenship status as being divorced once, and your second divorce decree from wife #2.

For the best advice on how to initiate this process which could take several weeks if not more time, it is best to consult an immigration attorney and divorce attorney. Links can be found here. http://www.legalmatch.com/immigration-lawyers.html
http://www.legalmatch.com/divorce-lawyers.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, agreed with you, this might be an immigration case, for avoiding troubles or problem, here are some tips that you should have to follow.
Plan for delay in application and in renewal process, do not violate any immigration visa law.