Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy I got a $200 dollar tresspassing ticket for something I didn't do.

I took a long walk across my lake at 10:30 at night to clear my head and a neighbor who lives on 1 the of the roads I was walking on called the cops on me and claims He saw me peering into his car on his property.This guy has had it in for me since he moved here and now I have had the cops at my doorstep 5 times in the last month in a half because of him. The cops won't do anything to help me and almost always believes him over me. I now have to pay a $200 trespassing ticket for something I am innocent of.
I would like to fight it in court but I do not have the money nor
the resources to do so and If i pay the ticket its pretty much saying I'm guilty which I'm not. I'm also afraid if I do pay the ticket he will not stop harassing me and will continue to make up trumped charges to call the cops on me for until he forces me out of the neighborhood or he sends an innocent person to jail.
What do I do please help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterdie1975 View Post
I took a long walk across my lake at 10:30 at night to clear my head and a neighbor who lives on 1 the of the roads I was walking on called the cops on me and claims He saw me peering into his car on his property.This guy has had it in for me since he moved here and now I have had the cops at my doorstep 5 times in the last month in a half because of him. The cops won't do anything to help me and almost always believes him over me. I now have to pay a $200 trespassing ticket for something I am innocent of.
I would like to fight it in court but I do not have the money nor
the resources to do so and If i pay the ticket its pretty much saying I'm guilty which I'm not. I'm also afraid if I do pay the ticket he will not stop harassing me and will continue to make up trumped charges to call the cops on me for until he forces me out of the neighborhood or he sends an innocent person to jail.
What do I do please help!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]A few things you have said do not make sense. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]First, if you KNOW the guy has it out for you, why would you walk on his property? Also you refer to it as "your lake" yet you were on his property? How so?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]I have had people prosecuted for trespassing in the past and prevailed only because I had clearly posted NO TRESPASSING signs that were visible that were disregarded. Does this guy have signs up? It may be a technicality to get you out of the charges. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Also, it doesn't necessarily "cost" anything to defend yourself against the ticket. Show up, plead your case yourself and state what you have said here. He has the burden of proof, not you. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]If he makes up charges, there STILL has to be PROOF --probable cause--before you can be arrested. There has to be more to this than you are saying.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

re:I got a $200 dollar tresspassing ticket.......

I was not walking on his or near his property I was out for a long walk ON THE ROAD!He has it out for me because there is another narrow minded neighbor just like this guy who called the cops on me in the past for B.S.I did not do,Ultamitly this guy got drunk last August and hit me with his car while i was biking down the road and now hes got a OWI to deal with plus another charge related to his drinking and driving.These two people are friends and this person I got the trespassing ticket because of listened to the B.S. this guy had to say about me.I do not know if this is payback for getting that one guy arrested for OWI or if the guy is just paranoid when it comes to me. Last time I looked It was not against the law to walk down a road. I was not arrested for this but I did receive a ticket in the mail on Wednesday. I don't know if he had signs up or not I was not looking as I went past his house that night I don't even know where this car I supposedly peeped into was or even what color.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Sorry this is happening to you. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Have someone else (not you) drive past his house and see if there is a NO TRESPASSING sign posted anywhere. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]When you get to court he has to prove you were on his property and were trespassing. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]I would carefully document all these instances with dates, times, etc. and consider suing him for harassment. You can also try to press criminal charges for harassment but you will have to do what he has to do---prove it in court. I suspect if you go to court for the ticket, he won't even show up--its his word against yours. I'm betting short of any information you have not provided here, the case will be dismissed. If he doesn't show up, or the ticket is dismissed, it will support your contention you are being harassed.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=magenta]Hope things get better for you soon. I would also suggest walking a different direction from now own just to keep from giving him more ammunition against you, manufactured or not. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff00ff]Good luck. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs down re:I got a $200 dollar tresspassing ticket.......

Through a friend I have across the lake that knows this guy I've gotten information that he is hellbent to nail me to the wall for this and is even willing to testify in court that I did this. It would not matter if I walked a different direction or not because Even If I am not on that side of the lake he has accused me of breaking into his camper which resulted in the cops coming to my door 3 times to talk to me and I fear he is going to one of these days see me out and about on my side of the lake,get a good description of what I am wearing,do something against himself or his property then call the cops and give them a description of my clothes and tell the cops he saw me do it,After all thats what he did this time which resulted in this ticket.I put a call into the clerk of circuit courts this morning in this county and have pleaded not guilty,the lady there said I will be getting a form around the time I was supposed to go to court for this which has a time and date on it that I am supposed to talk to the district attorney.Best case scenario I plead my case tell her about the harassment and either the charge gets dropped or fine reduced or gets hammered out with the prosecuting attorney and I have to pay less money for a fine. This will continue I'm afraid until this guy sees me in a jail cell.I do not have the money to sue him nor the evidence I need and I don't know what I can do otherwise to make this stop.