Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
victim of child molestation..what to do??

At the age of 13, I became a victim of child molestation,assault,battery, whatever you want to call it. I was almost raped by my own blood cousin, aged in his 20's. I am now 27 years old and loosing my mind over this because I have been living with the guilt that maybe I deserved it because if my own family and relatives didn't help me because they were too embarassed that their own son could do such a thing, then I was worthless. He is now living life with 5 or 6 kids and cheating the system, acting as if he is disabled and cannot work and purposely not working to receive welfare. He has money stashed away with his aunt and uncle.It was a conspiracy between them all and I am the one who has suffered all these years because I was a child then and I didn't want my parents to go to jail. With all that's been said and done, I have wondered off many times about suicide, I am depressed, I am stressed, and all the above. Nothing can ever change what has happened and I wish that I was strong enough and had support to put this person in jail where he should be. I have suffered more than ever, I never had a regular childhood, and etc...only a victim would know how it feels like to be violated by a family member. Anyways, my question is...Can I take this person to court for emotional stress and to put him away for a long time to show him that he did not win me over.He lives on happy while I live with nightmares of the event on a daily basis.Do I need a personal injury lawyer or criminal lawyer or do I just have to call the police?Can I take him to civil court?
qwertyuiop is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.