Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Should I take this case to trial or not ?

I am being accused of selling to a confidentiail informant and I am facing 4 charges of "Manufacturing & Delivery" of methemphetamines. The only evidence they have is the Confidential informant if she testifies. They have no other evidence against me for the most part and when they performed a raid on my residence they found meth downstairs in my roommates room, along with little gem baggies. The only thing they found in my room was paraphenelia. The DA is wanting 8 years in and 6 out,and has offered to remove 3 of the charges, hit me with the one charge and the sentancing would be argued in court. Meaning the DA will have his reccommendation and the just would have the final say of sentancing. I got a paper motion of discovery and also finally got some videos they have of the CI going into my residence and coming back out. Also audio (which was minimal), but you can make out my voice. Also one time she was clearly putting her hand in her Bra on the way out. And she was searched but no female officer searched her but they did claim to search her before and after. She also has recently got an OWI and admitted to having Heroine,cocaine in her system. She has done work as a CI in the past but in my opinion her credibility is bad. It is for small amounts. The county where I live in is small and the DA seems to be sticking to his guns wanting prison time. My lawyer filed a motion to reveal the CI's identity and what she had at stake to do the work for them. The DA said he would reveal that information, but if he did ALL DEALS ARE OFF. In interrigation I lawyered up and did not say anything. So the case is going to rely on having the CI as a testimony. SO I am not sure right now if I should accept the offer and hope the judge sentances me lightly, or take it to trial. I have admitted myself into a 6 month christian rehab and believe that will help, but still uncecided if I should go to trial. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!