Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Family member wont release donations for my son

I tragically lost my 15 year old son on May 11, 2015. He was shot in the head by his cousin with a 12 gauge shotgun. My half sister-in-law offered to help me set up a go fund me account for donations for his funeral and for us to get by on while we go through this awful tragedy. Well now she is refusing to give us the money from the donations she said she will pay our bills but she's not giving us any cash because she's taking a chance on being audited. I didn't give her permission to set all this up and take over. I thought she was trying to help but I think she may be trying to use the money for herself or her family when the donations were for my son and his immediate family to use. She was suppose to pay off the funeral and his tomb stone and release the rest to us. She also set up a fund at key bank that people have donated to and she wont even tell us whats in that one, the go fund me account you can see online how much is in that. If she's worried about being audited why didn't she just put it in my name it's my baby that got killed. Please let me know if there is anything i can do. I sure never knew she was going to pull this, I had to borrow toilet paper from the neighbor and borrowing money to survive on and no one understands why when we got all these donations to help us.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!