Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Getting someone to pay for a phone

I hope this is the right board to post this, if not..plzs forgive me...

I live in South Carolina...

I need to know what, if anything I can do legally about someone who I sold a cell phone to for $150.00 in October 2014, and the person hasn't paid me for it..

I have the conversation in my cell phone text message where she agreed to pay me $50.00 per month til paid, she has not paid a dime..

I sent her a message in January 2015 asking her if she was going to pay me or did I have to take her to court. She told me to take her to court and she would tell them the same thing she told me. She didn't have any money to pay me...

She then said she would pay me when she got her income tax money back...She's gotten her taxes back, but has failed to give me what she owes me..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Buyer has not paid

One way you can settle this dispute is by taking the buyer to small claims court for the amount owed. However, small claims court charges a fee of $30 if the amount is less than 1500 so I am not sure if that would be feasible for you in case you lost. However, the court may ask the buyer to pay for the fee to bring them to court if you were successful. You must also ensure that you have enough evidence to show the court that they do in fact owe you the money that you claim. Usually sellers obtain the money before giving the product or item away unless its a close friend or family which is trustworthy. Gather all the evidence you can that would convince the court that they owe you
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

I agree with Kourosh..
You can take her to the small claim court if it is affordable for you..
But I suggest you to consult an expert before proceeding..