Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Arrested for a non arrestable traffic violation?

I was driving from Grand Junctions Colorado to Palisade Colorado. When a Palisade Police officer began following me. We had to mearge onto a single lane road. He pulled me over shortly after entering Palisade city limits. He stated he pulled me over because I had spun my tires when merging onto hwy six and that I was weaving off the road way several times. He then informed me that my stickers that are on my plates where not valid.
I gave him my valid drivers license and insurance card. But realized the money I gave my ex girlfriend to renew my plates had not been done as she had I had thought. he asked if I had been drinking or under anything that would impare my judgement. I told him no that I will do a breath test or blood test.
He then informed me that I was being placed under arrest for displayed fictitious plates. The plates where my plates but the stickers where not valid.
He then asked me if there was anything in my vehicle which was illegal and I said no.
He never asked me if he could search the vehicle and it even says in the police report was, would he find anything in his vehicle and he said there was not.
He then went to my vehicle and said he found a plastic baggie containing white crystal substance he then told me he was siezing the vehicle and that I would not be getting it back. I asked him over and over for a drug and alchohol screen. He said he did not feel I was under the influence right now.
I have a bad past I am not proud of, but I have went to rehab and have been clean for 2 years. After being arrested and then released not 23 hours later I went over and had a drug test run on me. Of course it came back clean. I had also had just had a employment drug screen a week prior to the arrest.

I had not been weaving across the lanes. I had only excellerated slightly when mearging onto the 1 lane hwy. My truck can not spin its tires unless I was on gravel.
I was informed that he had placed me under arrest for a non arrestable offense? also I could not have commited any traffic violations while in his juridstiction because we had just entered his juridstiction, If my driving was indangering public then why didnt he pull me over before.
They held my truck for a month and it costed me 1300 dollars to get it out.
A week after getting the truck out my Girlfriend had used the truck to go and get a generator, the same cop pulled her over and had hand cuffed her even though she has a disabled arm that is in constant pain. When he first pulled her over he said she was swerving accross lanes. It just so happened he followed her from Grandjunction as he had followed me. He then asked her if he would find anything illegal in the truck she said no, but he then walked away and began to search the pickup, He spent about an hour searching the pickup. Then released her. He said he just impounded the pickup.
Do I have the ability to fight my case for false arrest then the search would be illegal? am I wrong or ?Please help they are trying to send me away for 4 to 24 years and I have finally put my life together. I have a great driving job and a nice home. I have not done nothing wrong except allowing others to use my pickup, and try to help others as I have been. Please, I am afraid.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!