Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Forgery of a Financial Instrument charge

I was recently arrested for Forgery of a financial Instrument and am out on bail/bond.. (I'm not sure what they call it) But anyways, I do not no what to do next. Last night while going to the store I was stopped by a County Policeman. During the time he was checking my ID, he asked me to come around to the back of my truck so that my kids would not see what was going on. When I got to the back, he said I was under arrest for forgery. I was shocked! No more than shocked... Devastated was more like it.
When I got to the police department I asked the sheriff what this was about, as I had NO IDEAL what was going on or WHEN,WHERE OR HOW I had committed felony forgery, I was told that it was in 11/2006 at a Dental Office and that my money order had been sent back from the bank. I was like OK. So then I started thinking. The only time I had ever paid in anything other than cash was when I gave the Dental Office an money order that had been given to me by my daughters' father for child support. I had NO IDEAL it had been returned, as I had not been contacted by the Dental office nor the Police dept. And as a matter of fact the girl at the Dental Office told me she had to verify funds before she could even take the money order from me. I assumed she had checked the money order when they accepted it as form of payment. During all this time, my home address and as well as my phone number have remained the same. I have never been in trouble before except for traffic tickets and have paid for those tickets right there in that Police Dept and no one ever said anything to me about these pending charges. My daughters' father has since moved to Lagos, Nigeria and I have no way to contact him except by Internet. Can someone please tell me what to do next and how do I prove that I do did not make this money order, nor did I know it was not real in the first place! Logically speaking, would I go to my family dentist that I have used for years and give my REAL information if I knew it was a fake??? This is all Disturbing and stressful for me... Please help.. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by NikkiConner; 09-01-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!