Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Criminal Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Trespassing

Yesterday, 4 friends and I were driving to drop one of my friends off at his house. It was Halloween so the streets were a little crowded. The driver decided he was going to drive over someones yard to get to the other side. We told him not to because I knew that the owner of the house was a cop. One of the people in the yard went to my school. He told his dad, the cop, what we did and now he says that we will probobally get a fine. Who would get the fine for trespassing? Would it be the driver or everyone in the car. We told him not to go through the yard but he did anyways. Please help
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside
Yesterday, 4 friends and I were driving to drop one of my friends off at his house. It was Halloween so the streets were a little crowded. The driver decided he was going to drive over someones yard to get to the other side. We told him not to because I knew that the owner of the house was a cop. One of the people in the yard went to my school. He told his dad, the cop, what we did and now he says that we will probobally get a fine. Who would get the fine for trespassing? Would it be the driver or everyone in the car. We told him not to go through the yard but he did anyways. Please help

It would be the driver of the vehicle, only. Passengers do not guide a vehicle. Ultimately, it's the driver who guides where a vehicle travels, despite the protests of any passengers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the info.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside
Thank you for the info.

You're very welcome.