Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

CS advice

Hello
I read through some of the other threads first to see if my type of question had already been answered. It has and it hasn't.
I am currently seeking modification of a child support order (mother and father were unmarried). Amount was reduced at first due to oblgior submitting papers saying he only made $7,300 per year. They determined he could make $14, 000 a year and in doing so reduced ther previous order amount.
I have had a reduction in salary and an increase in medical insurance payments which is why I sought the modification in the first place.
The thing is, I know he is lying.
Last round of modification he said he owned a landscaping business that had only made $14, 000. yet he had recently purchased a new home and new vehicle.
I have proof through the Secretary of State's web site for my state that he is a Pastor (has been since 1998) and is named as Pastor and President of a something called Universal Body of Christ Ministries, Inc. whose license/certification ends in 2010.
He never, ever mentions this ministry when we are required to submit documents and in the past I was unsure as to how to find proof of this 'Inc'.
Is this evidence enough or will I have to find harder proof?
I have the charter/registration number for the business, the year he became licensed as a Pastor and that it is still listed as active by the state.
It's just year after year of fraudulent documents and lies (at last administrative hearing he presented a IRS tax form of this landscaping business and denied any knowledge of any ministry). His brother is listed as Vice-President.

Sorry it's so long. Thank you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

What is your legal question? The only question I see is "Is this enough proof". The answer to that is probably not. But have you tried to submit that information to the court and see what happens?

It very well may be that there is no proof of the other income--- because he is hiding it or because he may assert that the position is volunteer, he isn't salaried, etc.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, sorry. I guess I was asking if according to legal standards, that is enough proof to show he is lying.
I am still in the stages of dealing with the regular county child support system but I am saving up to try and hire a lawyer in the future.

Understood. Thank you for the reply.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

What you are describing is very common. Have you thought about, when you have money, hiring a private investigator who can help you prove he is lying and then take the proof to court yourself?

I understand your frustration. Good luck.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]