Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
Unhappy Visitation stoped by state agencies

HI , I'm not sure how to do this but guess best way is just say what I need help for. I have been told for 12 years by the state social services, county administrator, and juvinal office of the the state I live in that my parental rights were terminated there for they wouldn't allow me any contact with my sons. I couldn't afford an lawyer then and can't now. Last year I was contact in reguard to my oldest who is mental disabled because his mother no long wanted him. He had just turned 20 (I last saw him when he was 8) and has been in mental hospitals most his life. I told them yes I would take him. His mom said my parental rights had been terminated years ago and rather then checking it out they took her word for it and I heard no more from them. They answered no questions and then no calls because I was no long his father. He is now in some sort of mental instuation under the legal care of a public administrator they refuses me contact.

NOW, they contacted me regarding my youngest son who has been taken from his mom twice this year and placed in protective custody. The first time and this time I told I would take him BUT I had been told I no legal right. Now they say they can find no documents in any court that stated I lost my legal rights and that they now rellize that the boys mom had lied to ever legal athourity for all these years. I desperately need a lawyer to help me get my rights back but I am disabled my self and havn't gotten my disability benifits yet so I can't afford an attorney. I'm afraid without one I'm going to be unable to ever see my boys again. I have missed out on 12 years of there lives. They have both as to see me. My youngest doesnt even really remember me he says but wants to meet me so a meeting has been set up BUT if it goes and it has for years I'm afraid they will just sweep it all under the rug again and I will never see my son's again and nothing will happen to my x wife who had defied a court order, lied on ever legal document just to keep me and my family and my son's from having a relationship. I don't know where to turn of what do at this point. It isnt just one county Division of Family services it's involves at least i believer 3 counties because they all relied on what the other counties said and none ask to have a copy of the actual court order and they just passed and accepted the word of other case workers on what their mom said is what I'm being told now by a protective service worker. Can anyone help us PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!
missing_my_boys is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.