Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Lightbulb wife taking kids to india

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

1)Me and my wife having differences and she wants to take my kids back to india. Is this good idea? We might get separated. Is there any legal way I can bring my kids back if she refuse to come back and not allow me to see my kids?

2) can we get divorce here in US instead of in India? will they account that divorce in india?

I am citizen, kids are born here but wife has green card(permanent resident)
Please let me know. Thank You for your feed back
jigz7 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
Wife Leaving to India with Kids

If your wife is taking your children to another country, she would need your permission since they are also your children and you have equal custody to your kids. First you need to make sure that you have the children's passports.

Next, you need to notify the State Department that you do no give permission to your wife and do not consent to the children exiting the U.S. , or to the issuance of new passports for them.

Finally, you need to contact a family law attorney who has experience dealing with child custody issues and get the necessary court orders to provide for a custody arrangement, and a restraining order preventing removal of the children from the U.S. One of those restraining orders bars both of you from removing the children from the county without first obtaining a court order or written permission of the other parent.
Here is a link to child custody lawyers/Family law lawyershttp://www.legalmatch.com/home/caseIntake.do

**I am not an attorney, This is just legal information, not advice. Consult an attorney if you want to undertake Any legal action regarding this matter.**
KouroshA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.