Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 5
Unhappy Please can anyone help??

my mother in law has custody of my boys ages 6 & 7 she used to let me have contact with them but now she is completely cut me off. She was given custody because I was not at my best at that time in my life where I had went to jail and their father was in prison and cps got involved.. while i was in jail me and my ex husband we're both told that if we did not sign are rights over to her the state was going to separate the boys and put them in foster care. So at the time not having any legal advice or knowing any better we both signed. There was nothing stated by the court that I was not to have no contact with them and she used to let me visit them and see them or talk to them but now all the sudden she's cut off all communication I am at a point in my life where I am doing really good now and I would like to have my boys back in my life do I have any right is there anything I can do just for at least visitation a phone call or anything? PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP
jaimemm78 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 98
child custody

If you want to get child custody back of your children you have to show and prove to the court that you have your life on track and the children and you have corrected all the problems that led to you in losing the custody of your children in the first place. You may want to get a child custody evaluator who will evaluate and examine your case. The evaluators report will help show the court the the children's bets interest will be better in your custody.

An experienced family law attorney will also help you fix all the issues and give you better advice on how to get custody back for your children.

Request shared legal custody for the courts If you do not currently have these rights, getting them can good steps in showing that you are able to make the right decisions for your children and will help build a better case for you.

Remember, the courts try to do what is best for the children. Everything you do should support your claim that you are what is best for them.
KouroshA is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
I have undergone the child custody evaluation and examination and I got a favorable results from it. I'm still in the process of getting my kids back and I'm confident that soon we will be together again. I'm hoping the same for you. Good luck.
Donna Kidd is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.