Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1
Withheld child with court order

Custody was settled 4 yrs ago. My 12 year old daughter only come to me sporadically, my two boys 15 & 14 come on a regular basis. I am remarried and my ex has filed an erroneous harassment order against my wife including the children who do not want to be included. This means my children are not allowed in my home. My boys are disgusted because they like my wife and their younger siblings that we have together. So I am left to find a place for them to go when it is my time with the but it also forces me to split my time between my wife and younger kids and the two older boys. My wife is contesting the order but that will take a month or more and more money we can't afford. There is no guarantee that the order will be dismissed and it will be 2 yrs if that is the case. My oldest son wants to live with my wife and I and his brother just wants to go back and forth as usual. I would like my daughter to come on scheduled visits also. I don't know if I have any recourse in this matter but it is hurting all of my kids young and old.
Ricoaxelbella is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 326
Are you sure a judge actually signed this order?

Or is your ex just making things up?

If this order was signed you should have had a court hearing, additionally, I am not aware of any state that requires two years for a modification.

Essentially you can always file for a modification of custody at anytime until the children are 18. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...ion-order.html
rhinojd is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.