Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyneedshelp View Post
I do have the items written down, as well as other advice given. That doesn't stop the feeling when I see him and start trembling.

I did file for a Continuance, twice, and was denied twice. No reason given, I was just told it was denied. I did present the fact of my anxiety attacks especially when I am around him and I need someone to represent me. But, I was still denied.
Then, obviously, you need to be there. Do not assume the worst about it. Assume the best---I suspect the reason you are even IN court is because he ENJOYS the fear in your eyes. Kitty, don't give him that. He doesn't deserve this emotion, fear, and angst you lay at his feet. You are worth so much more than that. Don't give in. Get angry. Tell him he CANNOT do this---he cannot have this part of you. Reach deeply inside yourself. You can do this. You really can.

Just believe.

I look in the mirror daily and look at seven kids without their dad and say to myself..."If its going to BE, its UP to ME."

Try it. Believe it. It's true.

This isn't just about tomorrow--its about life. Everyone feels what you are feeling. Everyone cries, everyone is afraid, everyone feels inadequate. The people in the room with you tomorrow? They have ALL felt the same thing. You are no different from them.

Lift your gaze. The peace you seek is within your grasp.

Just believe.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:38 PM   #72 (permalink)

I DO see a psychiatrist AND a counselor once a month. The last meds I was on for the anxiety made me sleep all the time. I could not take care of my son that way, so I stopped taking them.

I can't take my son to a counselor. I was before and his father said I couldn't, so we had to stop going. Now his father has brainwashed him that they only listen to go to the bar after and talk about and make fun of their patients.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
I DO see a psychiatrist AND a counselor once a month. The last meds I was on for the anxiety made me sleep all the time. I could not take care of my son that way, so I stopped taking them.

I can't take my son to a counselor. I was before and his father said I couldn't, so we had to stop going. Now his father has brainwashed him that they only listen to go to the bar after and talk about and make fun of their patients.
Kitty, hon, listen to yourself.
"his father said I couldn't"??? AND?? Where did you get the idea that the FATHER could tell YOU what to do?? You are a grown adult woman ---he has no right, legally or otherwise to tell you what to do and your son? Well, he is a child and HE should be compliant with YOUR directives.

STOP giving this man so much POWER. Reign him in. Its time for there to be a new sheriff in town.

YOU.

About the Rx--try another. There are soooo many to chose from. Don't give up and DONT stop taking them.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #74 (permalink)

It is in the court order that BOTH parents have to agree on EVERYTHING, or it can't be done. Not those exact words but that is a summary of it.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #75 (permalink)

I have my clothes out, I have a rental car, I have the paperwork done, so I am going to try and get some sleep. It is an hour ride there and it starts in 7 hours. Good nite everyone. TY for all the advice. I will let you know what happens.

Please, keep my son and I in your prayers. Please pray that I can keep my composure and keep my words short but to the point, and that it will be over quickly.

TY all,
Kitty
Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 PM   #76 (permalink)

And, about the "both parties must agree" thing? I believe it is a given that some things are acceptable for one parent to decide. For example, you don't call the father and ask what to have for dinner, or call and ask what he should wear to school.

In any regard, your giving in isn't an agreement. YOU feel he should go--he believes he should not. You give in, the kid doesn't go, and then you both STILL aren't following the court order. That ISNT an agreement.

You don't get permission to feed him. Your clothe him. Or take him to the ER if he breaks his arm.

That is, actually one of the NUANCES of the law. Great example. (cheeky grin).

You will be in my thoughts all evening, and all day tomorrow.

Let us know how you are.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't get this reasoning. Just why don't you take him to a different counselor and tell him that this person is going to help him understand his rights as a person so that his father cannot put him in fear or make him anxious. Then be sure you tell his counselor what you've told him. There is no excuse for NOT getting him help to cope with the constant bickering and court appearances and the all night crying jags with Momma saying she doesn't want to go to protect him from having to live with Dad so that his life would be ALL bad... and then think about having this counselor testify as to the state your son is in.

This is not childhood. It is torture. You have no reason to follow his father's order not to help him. Would you let him be run over by a car because he said not to get him off the street? Why is everything bad his father's fault? By not supporting him in the face of this constant emotional upheaval, it is like he has NOBODY.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #78 (permalink)

When you address me directly and then complaint when I add ",Grace" in reply, you are putting in an element of nonsense. As for bad words, I cannot imagine you being able to read bad words out of anything I've typed. You are just unreal, theatrical.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinmama View Post
When you address me directly and then complaint when I add ",Grace" in reply, you are putting in an element of nonsense. As for bad words, I cannot imagine you being able to read bad words out of anything I've typed. You are just unreal, theatrical.
Huh?

What does this have to do with this thread?

Must be a NUANCE thing.

And, when you type a word and it shows up as the * symbol, it means you have used a word that is not allowed on this site. Ergo, a "bad" word.

If you don't like my postings, stop asking me questions, and complaining about your answer. Simply click IGNORE. It is disingenuous to have the option of ignoring, yet CHOOSE to read and complain. Simply move on.

It still amazes me that your whole purpose in staying here was because you thought I "wasnt nice". Yet, I am shocked at the license you have granted yourself in this posting alone. Name calling--I have yet to ever call you a name. NEVER. Not a single time. Yet because YOUR opinion is I am not nice, it allows you to engage in unbecoming name calling, attacks and profanity/vulgarity? Have you always let other people be your standard for your behavior? It is very unbecoming.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish--a perfect stranger on the Internet being belligerent means nothing to me. A waste of YOUR time, effort and emotion. Channel it into helping people instead of standing in my shadow.

Stand on your own. Present, support and defend your position and ideas with facts, not name calling.

Last edited by GentleGrace; 09-15-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #80 (permalink)

Kitty,
We're proud of you. You CAN do this job. You have done the homework. Now go to court and explain that you had to write it down and want to read it because of your anxiety level in coming to court without representation when your ex is threatening to take your child from you and knowing that would not serve you child's best interest.
Closed Thread