Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Family Law Forum > Child Custody and Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Texas or Tennessee??

For starters , my husband recieved paperwork in the mail from a TN law firm stating that his ex's new husband wants to adopt my husbands 6yr old. My husband does not agree to this . We are confused about the wording on the papers also . The ex has 3 children , all with different fathers , and for all the other children it gives a short detail on the lack of support or contact by the respective fathers . When it come to my husband it says that he "has signed a consent waivergiving his full consent " that the child be adopted by the new stepfather. He has never signed anything stating such. Does it mean by signing this paperwork he has given up his rights or that he already has? Also we want to go for full custody of the child. The divorce took place here in Texas , but the mother relocated to TN and has apparently been there for about 15 mo. there arre many other important details , but lets start out w/ if we need a TX or TN lawyer to alter the custody agreement from the divorce . Any one willing to help and maybe discuss the other details it would be greatly appreciated . Also how should he respond stating that he does not consent to the adoption ?

Last edited by dellandanny; 09-12-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Exclamation

You will need to post your case here on this website or contact the county bar association. You most likely will need a TN attorney to deal with the adoption of your husband's child. To modify a custody agreement in TX you would need a TX attorney. Most likely two separate cases.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!