Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Business Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Posts: 1
Pushed out of business

I borrowed $15,000 from my grandmother to open a shipping store with a father. After several months of doing business I confronted my father on his spending. Well two days later he change the company bank accounts, and refilled with the Secretary of State under a different LLC and a different company name. Leaving me with no control or any say about anything. I did recieve a K1 from the tax preparer, and she said I would get another one this year but only a partial year K1 since I no longer am a partner. He won't return any msg's and is not repaying the loan. How can he do this and
canigetabreak is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
It will continue until you find out what is written in your partnership agreement and take it to an attorney. He cannot take the money out of one company and put it into another company without taking a major and unwarranted draw against his share of the profit. Obviously he did not have that much profit coming to him. YOU have to take him to court. It is a civil matter and he has attempted to defraud you of ownership in a viable company? Literally, he stole one company's bank account and he was not due that much money for any reason. His accountant appears to be in this with him, so include the accountant in your action against the new company/old partner.

He is probably right in assuming you have no funds. If that is what is stopping you, ask your attorney about filing criminal charges over what is clearly a civil matter gone very wrong. These matters usually end with the person with the most money winning.

If the money he has is half yours, an injunction to stop him from taking your company by theft of its funds could stop him from completing the fraud... it requires that you do it as soon as possible... file for an injunction. It stops him from using the money from your company to start his own. But you can't wait six months. Moot if you do.
boykinmama is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.