Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Bankruptcy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tug

Mold=bankruptcy

I make this is short as possible, hopefully it wont get long.

I bought a condo, had it inspected, the home inspector missed a sewage leak in the crawl space which resulted in the crawl space having mold. After 2 weeks in the condo I started getting dizzy, light headed and had extreme brain fog while my g/f started having seizures. I told my g/f to move back to her old place while I tried to figure out why the condo was making us both ill. After a few calls to the HOA they finally sent over a maintenance man who determined a sewage pipe on the other side of the foundation had broke and was leaking sewage not only under the foundation but had seeped through the foundation wall making a 3'x1' horizontal crack in the foundation. After 6 weeks and 2 failed remediation's I was forced to move out of the condo and leave all my personal belongings behind due to cross contamination.

I have become so hypersensitive to mold that I have had to move from one run down hotel room to another no less than 12 different times in the past 18 months looking for someplace that didn't have a water leak or mold in the hvac. Every time I moved I had to discard what few clothes I had and buy new inexpensive clothing to prevent cross contamination. I finally gave up on looking for a mold free hotel room and ended up living in my truck in Walmart parking lot which believe it or not helped relieve some of my symptoms

Beings I had to use my credit card which was at a zero balance before I bought the condo I ended up maxing it out and couldn't pay on it because of all the Dr's bills, hospital stays, emergency room visits, medications, supplements my insurance wouldn't cover. Because I couldn't pay on my Visa the bank exercised a cross collateralization clause that I knew nothing about and not only repossessed my only means of transportation but the only safe place that I found didn't have mold and wouldn't make me sick... my truck. I now rent a room in a house that has mold, without a vehicle I have no choice but to stay here as moving would mean leaving behind what few things I own and replacing them plus the first months rent and a deposit which I dont have. In order to keep my appointments with a Dr I just started seeing I have to take a bus which is 30 miles one way.

My life has been ruined, my health is deteriorating and my credit destroyed. All Im looking for is an attorney who can help me file bankruptcy at a reduced rate so I can buy a vehicle and if anything have a mold free place to live in. Because I cant pay my mortgage and my truck has been repossessed to pay for my credit card Im treated like a third class citizen when all I wanted to do was buy a condo and have a place of my own.

While writing this post the owner of the house just told me that I need to find a new place to live as my hypersensitivities have created to much of a burden on her and can no longer go to the extremes she has to go through to accommodate my illness.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!