Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Bankruptcy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post ch 7, illinois child support, and federal refund?

Hello.
I am thinking of filing for ch 7 bankruptcy in October 2013 when I am eligible again. I have not filed my taxes for the 2012 year. I know child support can and will intercept all refunds for arrearage. My question is... If I do not send in my tax refund until after I file, am I protected from any interception of my refunds during my bankruptcy? I know bankruptcy does not discharge child support nor what I currently have to pay. Wanting to find a way to still keep my refund and or future refunds. Thanks for your time. David
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

This reply has NOTHING to do with what the poster asked. He isn't asking when he can file again--he noted the date he is eligible already. That wasnt the question.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

I believe you lose any tax benefits in bankruptcy as well, but I am not 100% sure here is an article that can give you a bit of familiartiy with Bankruptcy http://www.legalmatch.com/bankruptcy-lawyers.html

As you stated Child support will not be discharged in bankruptcy along with I believe 18 other debts I know you cannot get out of government fines and I imagine taxes are subject to the same protection.

I would contact a bankruptcy attorney and you should probably focus on being more responsible with money opposed to using the Bankruptcy court again.

Good luck.