Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Bankruptcy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post need help to fine lawyer

13 years ago we lost everthing bec my husband got hurt at work ,had disability inc with house hold fin,which when we told them my husband got hurt that we need there help they claimed we did not have the inc,so we had to file chapter 7.well long store short i found my copy last year going throw some old paper work called them up andthey let me make my claim and paid out on the inc,but kept it and wrote them a check out for over 12,867.67 and told me that it was theres,my unstanding is when you file chapter 7 that is clear you are deted free.so what gives them the rights.and now cant seem to fine a lawyer to help me at all.with out want over 10000 to start,so where would i go to get help.plz some one help me,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

As for the collection of money it depends on when that check was earned if that was money paid before the bankruptcy then it can go to the creditors. If it was a check that was earned after the bankruptcy was completed then it is yours. I couldn't really understand the timing from your post.

Here is a quick article explaining chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...y-lawyers.html

As for finding a lawyer you can post your case here on legalmatch http://www.legalmatch.com/home/caseI...Z-bJkzfW45H4Yt and have lawyers in your local area look at your case. You can also contact your State Bar Association or your local county bar association good luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe you could copy and paste a few links explaining the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS that would keep her from now, THIRTEEN YEARS LATER, being able to recover?

Yeah, tell her that. Can't find a link to that on Legalmatch?

Here, allow me.

Statutes of Limitations in All 50 States | Nolo.com

To the original poster, check this link and see what the statute of limitations is in your state for written contracts. Unless you live in Kentucky where the SOL is fifteen, you may be out of luck. And a dishonest attorney would take your thousand dollars just to tell you that.

Also, all fifty states have Legal Aid services for low income people who are struggling. If you post your state, I can tell you how to contact your Legal Aid.

Good luck.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]