Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Bankruptcy Law, Banking and Credit Law Forum > Bankruptcy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Post need help to fine lawyer

13 years ago we lost everthing bec my husband got hurt at work ,had disability inc with house hold fin,which when we told them my husband got hurt that we need there help they claimed we did not have the inc,so we had to file chapter 7.well long store short i found my copy last year going throw some old paper work called them up andthey let me make my claim and paid out on the inc,but kept it and wrote them a check out for over 12,867.67 and told me that it was theres,my unstanding is when you file chapter 7 that is clear you are deted free.so what gives them the rights.and now cant seem to fine a lawyer to help me at all.with out want over 10000 to start,so where would i go to get help.plz some one help me,
tk43 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 74
As for the collection of money it depends on when that check was earned if that was money paid before the bankruptcy then it can go to the creditors. If it was a check that was earned after the bankruptcy was completed then it is yours. I couldn't really understand the timing from your post.

Here is a quick article explaining chapter 7 Bankruptcy.

As for finding a lawyer you can post your case here on legalmatch http://www.legalmatch.com/home/caseI...Z-bJkzfW45H4Yt and have lawyers in your local area look at your case. You can also contact your State Bar Association or your local county bar association good luck.
goldengatewarrior is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,901
Maybe you could copy and paste a few links explaining the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS that would keep her from now, THIRTEEN YEARS LATER, being able to recover?

Yeah, tell her that. Can't find a link to that on Legalmatch?

Here, allow me.

Statutes of Limitations in All 50 States | Nolo.com

To the original poster, check this link and see what the statute of limitations is in your state for written contracts. Unless you live in Kentucky where the SOL is fifteen, you may be out of luck. And a dishonest attorney would take your thousand dollars just to tell you that.

Also, all fifty states have Legal Aid services for low income people who are struggling. If you post your state, I can tell you how to contact your Legal Aid.

Good luck.

[COLOR=black]To [COLOR=blue]ERR [/COLOR]is human.[/COLOR]
To [COLOR=darkorchid]FORGIVE [/COLOR]is divine.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]NEITHER[/COLOR] is my policy.[/FONT] [/FONT]
GentleGrace is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.1.0
Copyright ©1999-2008 LegalMatch. All rights reserved. LegalMatch®, the LegalMatch
logo, and the tradedress are trademarks of LegalMatch. Patents Pending.