Go Back   LegalMatch Free Legal Advice Forums > Law Forums > Accident & Injury Law
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Find a Lawyer Now By Category:
Family & Divorce Criminal Defense Job & Employment Personal Injury LegalMatch on Facebook
  Real Estate Lawyers Immigration Business Lawyers Other Lawyers LegalMatch on Twitter
LegalMatch is Fast, Free and Confidential

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Got hit with no license . I don't know what to do please help

Ok ... My name is mike I'm 20 years old with no license and I got into a car accident while running errands for my grandmother this morning. I did not hit anybody I was hit. I stopped at a stop sign that I came to, looked both ways then proceeded to cross. Then I see a car coming at least 35 mph in a 25 zone. He hits me in the drivers side, airbags deploy, I spin around. Then I get out of the car get his information. He has no insurance .. What should I do.. I don't want to go to jail .

Last edited by MikeG; 05-30-2014 at 12:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

It is highly unlikely you will go to jail unless you are on strict probation/parole that prevents you from driving and even then who knows.

The other driver does not have insurance, which is also illegal.

You could report it to the Police, try to work out a deal with the other driver, or not bring the incident up.

The most practical solution would be contacting a lawyer in your area that knows the specific jurisdiction your in. You can use your local County Bar Association or use this site.

Here is an article explaining how a few states handle the situation. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar...a-license.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

You won't go to jail for this lol. But yeah do contact your lawyer so you can get expert advice and make the right decision.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry for the extremely delayed response. As others have said, I doubt you'll go to jail --- but your circumstances might raise a few eyesbrows...but it looks like you should be OK.

I am curious to know how your case ended up. IF you can reply that would be fantastic!
Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

1) file a police report
2) call your insurance company
3) take it to a mechanic that isn't beholden to the insurance company

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2015, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi

Hi, after reading your message, I came to a conclusion that you didn't hit anyone, but you were hit. You stopped at lights, and was making a move and a speedy car hit you. Well! In that case you immediately need to contact your lawyer, and tell about the incident. So that, you get justice in a right way.

Tags
car accident, no license, not my fault