View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 326
If you have receipts showing the $5,000 charge then use those and tell the other agency to f'off basically.

Many agencies simply write payment demands in hopes of getting it, but there is often no consequence to not paying. It I could send you a $200 bill for this post, but it doesn't mean you have to pay it.

If this other company illegally obtained your information or the other agency released your information to another agency then you may have a solid lawsuit for public disclosure of private facts, invasion of privacy, or even fraud, and I would suggest hiring an attorney to review your case.

You can use the Texas Bar Association or free attorney matching services like legalmatch. Here is an article explaining invasion of privacy.
rhinojd is offline   Reply With Quote