View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2
RE:Travel Agency Fraud

It sounds like you have been the victim of a travel scam and of identity theft.

A common travel scam involves criminals creating fake travel agency websites. “My Dreamz” appears to be an LLC incorporated in Irving, Texas, but beyond that there is very little information available about the company online, such as Yelp or Trip Advisor reviews. The company simply does not seem legitimate, and it is possible that My Dreamz used the personal identity information you provided them to commit identity theft and create a fake credit card in your name.

A web search of Isha Travels also yields very little information other than that the business is incorporated in New Jersey. However, the following webpage shows numerous complaints of fraud on the part of Isha: Isha Travels - ISHA TRAVELS FRAUD.

It seems very possible that My Dreamz and Isha are working together to attempt to extort more money from you. A legitimate travel agency would not have booked the airline tickets and allowed them to be used without first verifying the credit card information provided.

I recommend that you do not pay these companies any additional money and that you report the fraud as soon as possible. Since you are in the United States, you can contact the local police department where you are staying or the state attorney general’s office to find out if there is a consumer fraud division and ask to file a report.

The National Fraud Information Center (NFIC) can also help you file a complaint with an appropriate federal agency. You can reach the NFIC at 800-878-7060 or by visiting - Home.

If you are not an American citizen, you may also want to contact your nearest embassy or consulate. Consular officers can often help explain the local criminal justice process, help you file a police report, and refer you to other victim’s resources.

Finally, you may want to speak with an attorney. To learn more about identity theft and to be referred to an experienced attorney in your area, please visit:
atriguer is offline   Reply With Quote