View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Husband threatening g to leave country to avoid alimony

My husband and I are not divorced, but he has a court order to pay alimony for five years. He is repeatedly making threats to leave the country to avoid paying me. He has nothing really holding him here except debts, so I think he could well follow through on his threat. Can I go back to court and ask for a lump sum payment or to have the funds escrowed or put in trust for me? What can I do if he leaves? I am disabled and absolutely dependent upon his support.
Kkt1206 is offline   Reply With Quote