View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Westside Law
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by bronson
um... i live in california... if u were asking for my state...... my name is bronson and i just want to know what i should do right now... i'm really scared and don't want to go to jail
There's nothing you can do. The deed was already done. The fact is, you didn't have a license; i.e., you had no right to be on the roads driving a vehicle.

Your insurance company may not pay any claims. Check the policy, but I believe an insurance company can deny a claim based upon an unlicensed driver's accident with an insured vehicle.

So, you're probably looking at both a Civil lawsuit for damages, along with the owner of the vehicle being sued, and a Criminal action. You may, in fact, wind up doing some jail time because damages were caused while you were committing an unlawful act.

Good luck.
Westside Law is offline   Reply With Quote